Thursday 6 December 2012

Windsor, England


Not a great photo by any means, but this is when the fascination really started to set in while I was in the UK.
Saw this while riding around Windsor in the open air 
hop on hop off bus, so I raced to the other side of the bus to capture it, hence poor quality.
 Windsor was a real eye opener to me for the different styles of Pillar Boxes, I will show more over time.
I do have more Sydney ones to share, but be patient, in due time...


Victoria: Vertical Slot

This style was designed in 1856, 15 years after postage stamps. 
Due to people walking into the original colour of green the pillar box colour changed to red.


2 comments:

  1. From my perspective, most of the Sydney pillar boxes look extremely similar. Nothing like this one. Are the ones in England still mainly in use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes all ours are the same, there is a lot of variety in the UK, and the majority are in use. But this one above I am not sure .
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete